Frequently Asked Questions
Products & Services
Our equipment has been around all over Europe attending different festivals, so you will certainly not be the first user, and with your care, hopefully not the last 😊.
Some of them are refurbished though, which means you might see signs of wear and tear, but for all practical purposes, we promise you a hassle-free experience at the festival.
We have varying tent sizes available that are all 100% waterproof, with a maximum capacity of 4 persons:
- 1-Person Tent – L210 x W120 x H110 cm, comfortable for one person with space for baggage.
- 2-Person Tent – L210 x W210 x H120 cm, comfortable for 2 people, with baggage.
- 3-Person Tent – L240 x W240 x H155 cm, comfortable for 3 people, with baggage.
- 4-Person Tent – this tent, our most spacious, has 2 compartments. The sleeping area is L240 x W210 x H172 cm, the other section with dimensions of 240 x 260 x 172 cm where you can easily put a table and chairs for more comfort and allows you to even stand inside (172 cm).
We also recommend this tent for 3 people who have a lot of luggage and want the extra space. Alternatively, you could choose two 2- person tents, as this combination is preferred by many of our customers.
At our shop at the festival, you can find:
Camping equipment and accessories:
- Tents for up to four people
- Camping chairs
- Iso camping mat
- Camping tables
- Camping stoves
- Batteries, flashlights, fire starters and padlocks
As for our Mini mart, depending on the Festival, we also carry hygiene products such as toothbrushes, soaps, shampoos, women’s hygiene products and many more. Besides that you will also find snacks, smoking accessories, secondhand clothing and shoes, and a surprise box packed with small but useful items that you never knew you needed
Due to high demand, sometimes it happens that we run out of certain items. For this reason, we suggest booking your preferred equipment in advance
Utopia Camping allows you the flexibility to choose either of those options.
Is when you pitch the tent yourself. You just have to pick up the tent you booked in advance or rent it directly at the festival, and set it up at a spot of your choice. Please take care of the equipment, and return it packed just the way you received it. This way you help us extend the life of the equipment, and keep it in the circle of reuse from one event to the next.
This service allows you a hassle-free camping experience. Everything is pre-setup and ready for you to use and enjoy when you arrive. In order to get to your tent, please contact us at our onsite camping shop or look for the special camping area. This might change from festival to festival, so it’s worth asking 😊
For festivals, please visit https://utopia-camping.com/rent-your-tent/.
For private adventures, please visit https://utopia-camping.com/rent-for-private-adventure/.
For bigger groups, or if you are experiencing issues booking on the website, you can email us at email@example.com with your details, the festival you plan to attend, and the equipment you want to book, and we will be more than happy to guide you.
Yes, we do offer discounts for larger groups. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, and we will come up with a group package customized to your needs.
You can place your order as soon as the bookings are available on our Website, or on the Festival website itself.
Or, you can drop us an email at email@example.com.
Because our inventory is limited, we suggest booking your order as early as possible.
Also, please note that the bookings on our website will be closed approximately 3 days prior to the event. If, however, you have to place a last minute order, we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and the festival you plan to attend.
At the festival, you can contact any member of our tribe at our shop that is usually located at the market venue. Otherwise, you can:
– give us a call or get in touch via WhatsApp at +49 176 8425 2650,
– by email at email@example.com or
– over Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Utopia.Camping
The rental period starts with the start of the official opening day of the event and/or the time the camping ground opens, whichever comes first. All items are to be returned at the end of the festival, latest, by the time the camping ground is closed.
For any special requests, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
You can rent the equipment for as long as you like. For queries, please visit https://utopia-camping.com/rent-for-private-adventure/ or drop us an email at email@example.com.
In the event of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund of your security deposit. However, the rental fee is subject to the following rules based on the number of days prior to the start of the event when the cancellation order was made:
- For cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the start of the event, a full refund will be issued, minus any deductions for bank transfer, currency exchange, or other associated fees
- For cancellations made between 7 and 14 days prior to the start of the event, a 50% refund will be issued, minus any deductions for bank transfer, currency exchange, or other associated fees
- For cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the start of the event, a 20% refund will be issued, minus any deductions for bank transfer, currency exchange, or other associated fees
- For cancellations made less than 4 days prior to the start of the event, no refund will be issued
Pricing & Payment
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your group details, number of persons, the festival you plan to attend, and the equipment you would like to rent, and our team will get back to you with an offer that you can’t refuse :)
Via PayPal you can choose credit cards or bank transfers, just follow the payment option.
At the Festival
Utopia Camping’s shop can be found, usually located at the main market venue of the festival.
See here https://utopia-camping.com/rent-your-tent/ for a list of festivals which we will be attending this year.
On site shop opening hours:
The operating hours of our on-site shop are from 9 AM to 1 AM, however, these hours may be subject to change based on demand and may vary from event to event. If you plan to visit the shop outside these hours, please contact us in advance to see if we can accommodate your request.
Yes, someone else can pick up the gear on your behalf, but you will need to let us know in advance on email@example.com.
That person needs to provide us the order number and email confirmation (we prefer you don’t use print-outs to save paper)
I am facing a delay, or have a change of plans, and will not be able to reach the festival site on the time I booked the order for. Will my booking still be valid?
The equipment is available for pickup up to 24 hours from the date and time you entered at checkout. After 24 hours, we cannot guarantee availability and no refund will be provided. All changes to the order must be communicated and approved in advance.
For us to hold your booking beyond 24 hours, kindly let us know prior to the start of the festival and get confirmation from us firstname.lastname@example.org
To return the equipment during store closure, kindly follow these steps:
- Place the equipment under the wall of the store and take a picture.
- Email us with all the information at email@example.com
- If you made an online booking, please include your Order ID in the picture.
- If you rented onsite and paid, please include the Order ID in the picture.
This way, we can easily return your deposit via PayPal or bank transfer.
Thank you for taking care of the equipment and being part of the festival community!
Loss / breakage
We advise our customers to handle our equipment with care. But accidents do happen, which is why we charge a security deposit. Once the equipment is returned to us, it will be checked for damages, in case of damage these are the following fees.
- Missing or irreparable item: in case the cost of the item is higher than the deposit, the entire deposit amount will be charged. Otherwise, the remaining amount will be refunded to you
- Broken or damaged item: Depending on the extent of the damage, a fee of 10 to 20 euros will be charged if the item is repairable.
Please note, It would also be very helpful if you could inform us if the tent is wet or moist as this will help extend the lifespan of the tent, and we do not charge for such cases.
We expect you handle our equipment with care. But mishaps do sometimes happen, which is why we charge 30% of the total rental amount as a precaution. Once you return the equipment, please note it will take a few days to process the refund of your security deposit. This is because the extent of any loss or damage is ascertained by our team back at our warehouse, which will then be deducted from the security deposit. Otherwise, the entire amount is refunded back to you.
The amount deducted is determined based on the following criteria:
- Missing or irreparable item: Depending on the item, if the rental fee of the item is higher than the deposit, the entire deposit amount will be charged. Otherwise, the rental fee of the item will be deducted from the deposit, and the rest will be refunded back to you
- Broken or damaged item: 10 to 20 Euros if the item is reparable and depending on the extent of the damage
- Returning an unpacked tent: 15 Euros for us to pack it for you if you had chosen DIY service.
We are entrusting you with the equipment, to take care of it and return it in the same condition that you took it. This way, you not only help make the experience of the next user a good one, but also extend the equipment’s life and save it from ending up in trash.
In case a mishap occurs, kindly let us know. If it gets wet, kindly inform us, as this will help us prepare it for the next user and make sure they also have a good experience.
Your security deposit will be refunded to you within 14 business days of the day the equipment being returned, using the same payment method you used to make your booking. The amount will be based on the condition of the equipment. If there is no loss or damage, the full amount will be refunded to you.
Terms and Conditions
You can access our Terms and Conditions at https://utopia-camping.com/tc/